Sunday, February 27, 2005

Human Rights And Indifference

indonesia-migrants-deported
The delayed mass expulsion of undocumented migrant workers from Malaysia is due to begin next week. This time there seems little hope of an amnesty or a further extension. Both the Indonesian and Philippine governments are
urging the Malaysian authorities to ensure there are no human rights abuses when the massive operation starts. Their fears are well-founded. If official statements are to be believed then a hard line approach seems likely. The Immigration director, Ishak Mohamed, is reported as saying that no one would be spared and the authorities will even resort to raiding the homes of those involved. There is almost no debate in the mainstream media. The potential abuses are all too obvious – and hardly anyone seems to give a damn. Sometimes this is a very ugly society. It's the kind of campaign that Peter Benenson would have relished.

6 Comments:

Blogger Milf said...

sexo amateur

9:59 am  
Blogger Dotcommakers said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a animated banners site. It pretty much covers animated banners related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - You have a great blog. I have a webpage about self defense item I'd like you to visit. Here's the link

6:25 pm  
Blogger asenetpro said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

This is a posting promoting music related info on my site free music industry contract site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff. my site is free for all to list their event post classified ad and to just post forum for hard to find info and many other thing music related. So if you are a dj, musician, producer, manager, engineer, artist, singer, dancer or have anything music related please visit my site and join to post all your info

Joining is free for all list your site plus more

free music industry contract

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great texas longhorn football forum blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on texas longhorn football forum. You can check out my forum about texas longhorn football forum if you have a chance.

5:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about brown genealogy and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about brown genealogy so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by brown genealogy

7:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home